Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lesson #4: Never Too Young

Denise had to choose a co-curricular activity (CCA) this year and she decided to join Christian Fellowship (CF) and Scrapbooking. CF meets every Wednesday and she would come home sharing what they did with me. Prayer meeting, collect prayer requests and eat (real fellowship) :)

Whenever there was a skit in the main service, Denise would request to sit-in with her little friends. However this weekend, she chose to sit beside me. Things I noticed...

1) She requested to sit along the aisle (like most adults who prefer that first seat for better view and bigger leg space)

2) She sang very loudly during Praise and Worship (I could hear her)

3) She lifted her hands

4) She joined hands with us and repeated the corporate prayer loudly

5) And I thought I saw her praying in tongues when Pastor asked us to pray for our neighbours... (I have not had a chance to ask her yet)


Kids are never too young to learn and understand spiritual matters. I think the key is exposure. I thank God that my kids are growing up in a great church with an excellent children's church. Going to church, attending cellgroup meetings and the spiritual realm are normal "things" to them.

This past week, Denise commented that it was tiring to stay back for extra activities after school. I casually responded, "Then don't stay back for Christian Fellowship". She was quick to reply, "No, cannoooooooot." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment