Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lesson #1: Listen To Your Children

The best thing about having children is that instead of teaching them; you learnt new things from them all the time!

I decided to start a blog on "Lessons I Learnt From My Kids" and will *try* to post something every week :) So for Week 1, I learnt "Listen To Your Children".


Denise wanted to pack her winter jacket for our Taiwan trip last December. We wanted to save luggage space and managed to convince her that it was not necessary. A simple sweater like the one above would be sufficient.

It turned out that winter came earlier than expected. Taipei was experiencing 14-16 degree in the day and on certain nights 11 degree! We regretted not packing the girls' winter jackets... And Denise kept telling us "You should have listened to me" :)

Denise needed to bring a book to school for her journal-writing. I suggested using an exercise book and wrapped it with some nice wrapping paper... Just when I was about to get an exercise book for her, she suddenly turned to me and said "Why don't you listen to me" :) I remembered the previous incident and asked her what did she want to tell me.

She wanted to use her nice notebook as a journal instead :)

I was quick to learn my lesson. I told her ok and she gladly went to find her own notebook!

Lesson #1: LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! :)

3 comments:

  1. great advice!! looks like I should learnt this lesson soon.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Our kids grow up so fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I copy your 1st lesson in my blog?? To introduce your blog,miss.... :)
    (may I? Please reply ASAP in my chatbox.)
    http://kaorudailyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete